My Website:

17 January, 2014

A Bit of Weaving Part 2

Hello,
Last time on my blog,  I posted some woven artwork I did recently. I later stumbled upon an artist who does beautiful woven tapestries; her name is Maryanne Moodie. She did an interview on a blog- Design Files Daily about her work as well as showing where she creates. This blog has tons of great design ideas, inspiration for everyday life as well as a peek into other artists' spaces which I love.
I will blog about that next time.

I also found an old portfolio in my studio which has some of my really old artwork from high school and college. Some of which I really like and I can't see myself getting rid of because they bring back so many memories. I don't have any of my artwork from when I was a child- which makes me sad. It would've been nice to look at it now and try and remember where I was when I did the work or just to see the progression over the years. I've been trying to keep most of my son's artwork in the hopes he'll want it when he's older too. 
I looked at some of my work and thought "What was I thinking?!" I had a good laugh.
Anyway, here are some woven pieces I did back in the Fall of 1995 when I was studying Textile Surface Design at FIT.





I hope I have inspired you.
Bye for now.



2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, Carmen. Those woven pieces are beautiful!

    love Ellie x

    ReplyDelete