My Website:

15 October, 2012

Catching Up...

Hello,
This weekend was pretty busy for us so I wasn't able to make any blog entries, sorry.
I should be on track now, blog wise. So here are some pieces I've been working and some materials I used.
 Golden's Gel Medium, magazine shapes, flat brush
 I started out this piece by drawing with permanent markers and then used acrylic inks for the larger areas.
 Untitled MMC6, mixed media collage.
I then thought I wanted to add more interest so I collaged the leaves cut from magazines on top. I like the way the leaves look like they are "flying" or "floating" on the surface.
 Untitled MMC7, mixed media collage.
I did the same for this piece, except I also added a black stamp to create a pattern.
 Here I did the lines in markers and filled in the shapes with acrylic inks.
Untitled MMC8, mixed media collage.
I also added the leaves here to follow the "current" of the pattern.
Feel free to leave me a comment and tell me what you think.
Bye for now.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Carmen - These are beautiful! I think MMC6 is my favorite, I love the colors and the addition of the leaves.
    -Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kim. I like that one too, it reminds me of a shell. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete